Friday, November 14, 2008

Film made by Marc

That touchy feeling is still surrounding me. I remember from the very beginning of the class, Marc emphasized do not biz talking; however, using genuine tone in writing and speaking. Now I see the really magic from it with the blending of self disclosure.

I promptly watched this video when it just came active on the 6th, now I still tempted to watch it one more time. Not particularly a specific image, not a particular motion, but the statement Marc passed on made me thinking. “I admire the simplicity of mathematics, you can always come to an answer it is either black or white” I thought my goodness he was going to talk about math in the film? You may not know of that personally I am really resisted to take math class unless mandatory. As you could imagine, I skipped the statement related to variables and so on for the first couple times watching it. However, now, as I really clicking buttons back and forth listening to it, I gained understanding of it and it is actually a great metaphor used here. Marc revealed “in math, identity defines its equality holds regardless of the value of it variables. This is how I like to think of my canadianess. ” we all had done in class activity disclosing life is blah blah, here is a self disclosure from Marc that what being a Canadian is. I am guessing canadianness symbolize somehow isolation. Because he reviews his canadianness is separated equality from variables. In addition, when the movie is close to an end, I hear that “stepping back I can see that these variables stabilize the outside world” I don’t think this is a coincidence of repeating, but this film is really a piece of work that Marc had spent time on.

These statements, I want to call it a confession, are very refined, I really loved it. The black and white film and pictures remind me the past. It gets the audience striding across the time era from the past, which his parents had gone through the toughness of being not original Canadian; the present, which Marc had been affected negatively when he was young and never want anyone else to be affected again, I am sure each non Canadian students will nod head firmly, they are being treated with great respect, and the future, his little daughter, she speaks English French, and Spanish, what a great admirer of being multicultureness!!!

No comments: